Christian County Sheriff Bruce Kettelkamp would like to remind you of the following Halloween Safety tips:
- You or a responsible adult should always accompany children ages 12 and under when trick-or-treating.
- Ensure costumes fit well, are flame retardant, and never obscure visibility.
- Have your trick-or-treater wear reflective clothing and/or carry a light or glowstick
- Children over the age of 12 who are responsible enough to go without you, should stay in groups, follow an agreed upon route, and watch for cars.
- Check the Christian County Sheriff’s Office website or the website of your local law enforcement agency, for registered offenders residing in the area.
- Teach your children to never enter any home without you or without your permission and only approach homes that are well-lit.
- Remind your children to stay in well-lit areas, never take shortcuts, and never go into isolated areas.
- Let your children know to tell you or a trusted adult if they see anything weird or unusual.
- Teach children to bring treats home before eating them. Eat only factory-wrapped treats unless you know the giver well.
- Teach your children to say NO and GET AWAY from any person or situation making them feel scared, uncomfortable, or confused; even if it means yelling, kicking, attracting attention or any other means of resisting. Trust their feelings and be sure to tell a trusted adult.
- Consider safe alternatives such as parties at home, school, or community organized events as a safe alternative to Trick-or-Treating.
Taylorville Wed, Oct. 30 and Thurs, Oct. 31 6-9 pm
Strasburg Thursday, Oct. 31 6-8 p.m.
Pana Wed, Oct. 30 and Thurs, Oct. 31 6-8 pm
Blue Mound Wed, Oct. 30 and Thurs, Oct. 31 6-9 pm
Shelbyville Thursday, Oct. 31 6-8 pm
Moweaqua Wed, Oct. 30 and Thurs, Oct. 31 5:30-8 pm
Stonington Wed, Oct. 30 and Thurs, Oct. 31 5-9 pm
Edinburg Wed, Oct. 30 and Thurs, Oct. 31 6-9 pm